Thursday, June 23, 2011

A New Search Begins


My name is James Renner. I'm a journalist from Ohio, probably best known for my investigation into the 1989 abduction/murder of 10 year old Amy Mihaljevic.

Over the course of the last several months, I have begun to investigate the strange disappearance of Maura Murray, a 21-year-old UMass nursing student from Hanson, MA, who vanished in Haverhill, New Hampshire on February 9, 2004. I have visited Hanson, Amherst, and Haverhill and have interviewed several people close to the investigation and some of those who knew Maura well. I hope to speak to many more as my search continues.

Already, I have uncovered facts that have never been made public and clues that have yet to be shared. In the coming months, I will release this information here as I begin to organize it into a book.

There is something about this case that resonates with so many people. After seeing Maura's story on TV, I sensed a greater mystery. And my trips into the North Country confirmed my suspicions.

If you have any information about this case that you would like to share with me, please write to me at jameswrenner@gmail.com

More soon.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for looking into this case. I wish you luck in finding what happened to Maura. It has been too long. Her family needs some answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! The TV case was so touching, I think about Maura often and hope for her safe return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw the special on Disappeared about Maura's disappearance. It moved me so much that I googled her case and came across your blog. I read your posts and many of the comments all day, and decided to follow your blog, so I am starting at the beginning and working my way through. I wish you the best in your quest for the truth, so that this mystery will finally be unveiled. Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read your article on Cracked... as a huge fan of true crime, especially unsolved mysteries I'm checking in and plan on working my way through. Thanks for keeping cases like this one alive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HELLO! This is Ceerjurrio. Ive been so deep into researching this case however....It never occurred to me to go back to the beginning of this blog until recently...Damn i got lotsa reading to do. Here we Go!!!

    ReplyDelete