Here's the problem: Most of what we assume about Maura's last weekend comes from one source, her father Fred. The only proof we have that the reason for his trip into Amherst that weekend was to help her look for a used car is his word. No one has publicly verified their supposed trips to used car lots, or anything else about that weekend. If they were looking for used cars, why didn't they purchase one? There would be a lot of used cars for sale in a college town like Amherst. Why spend a weekend looking for cars if they didn't have money to buy one? More to the point, how do we know her car was even acting up?
Here's what I can verify about that important weekend in Maura's life:
1. Her father came to visit.
2. They went to dinner with Kate Markopoulos.
3. Maura went to a party in the dorms with Kate and was walked back to her dorm by a guy (Kate claims she cannot remember the name of a single person who attended the party.)
4. Maura decided to not call her dad, but to drive out to his motel at 2:30 in the morning.
5. She got in an accident along the way.
Help me fill in the missing info. Is there anyone else who can speak to what happened in the spaces between what we know?
Is there anyone who attended the party with Maura and Kate?