Monday, January 16, 2012

Why Aren't You Posting My Comments? A Reminder.

Before any comment is posted, I review it. If at all possible, I will approve it and you will see it posted usually the same day. You don't have to agree with me in order for me to post your comment. I welcome discussion. However:

Your comment will not be approved if:
1. You make accusations against people without supporting evidence.
2. Your comment does not serve any purpose other than to be mean.
3. Your comment is about something we've already proven to be untrue (ie, "Maura left a message with Billy and it sounded like she was moaning,")

If you are new to this blog, please take some time to get up to speed by reading through the previous posts from last year. Many of your questions will be answered.

4 comments:

  1. So she called Billy at 12:07 AM on 2/6 (Friday) for seven minutes the same night she broke down (Thursday)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think perhaps you ought to add a fourth category, namely (and I mean this in all sincerity, although it might come across at first as being sarcastic):

    "Other reasons, where necessary, at my discretion, if I believe that my purposes in running this blog - i.e., to help with my investigation, generate ideas, information and clues - are potentially negatively influenced by posting the comment."

    I believe that a recent comment of mine, though legitimate in terms of your first three rules, may have not been posted for this reason.

    ~ J. Green

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would also be easier to navigate the sometimes around 100 comments if readers would use a name when they leave a comment. Choose "Name/URL" in the list after "Comment as:" and call yourself something. Simply leave the URL-box empty if you don't want to link to something. Please.

    ReplyDelete