Friday, March 29, 2013

Sara Alfieri Speaks... Very Briefly

Sara Alfieri has gone to ground as they say, living practically off the grid with a couple in Greater Boston.

Sara, as you recall, was at that late-night party with Maura Murray and Kate Markopoulos, the weekend before Maura disappeared, the same night she got in the accident in Hadley, Mass. Sara was once interviewed by a magazine and seemed to imply she had more info but didn't want to get Maura in trouble. There's been much speculation as to what she meant by this and so I visited her today to see if she could clear it up.

The conversation was over, though, as soon as I introduced myself. This young woman was scared. Not by me. I look like Fox Mulder's little brother for God's sake. But by being found. She is hiding and I have no idea why. "How did you find me?" she asked.

When asked directly about what happened the night of the party and who else was there, all she said was "I can't talk about that," and closed the door.

I'd give just about anything to know what happened that night. I really think the seeds for Maura's disappearance were planted that evening.

10 comments:

  1. In hiding? Come on - you got her photo off LinkedIn where it publicly says where she works and everything. It's not even set to "private." She's not in hiding - she's creeped out that 9 years after this happened she'd be randomly approached like this (even if you have previously attempted to contact her/ warn her you'd be coming).

    I support your research and will definitely buy the book, but I can also understand how people would be leery to talk to you - probably afraid of possibly being named (rightly or erroneously) as a suspect.

    It comes with the territory of what you do. All you can do is keep on keeing on - but I wouldn't assume that every single person who doesn't want to talk to you has huge secrets to hide or is "living underground."

    -Rocky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure speculation, but I wonder if Maura after a couple of drinks and upset about something connected to her father wanted to go confront her father, and instead of her friends talking her out of "spending the night" there, were actually talking her out of confronting him. I don't know, though. I feel bad thinking the worst, but it isn't like simply telling the truth could clear that up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If these people were truly Maura's Friend, I would think that they would do anything to offer any information that they may have. I get the feeling that Maura's Family and friends are holding information back. My instincts that Maura has run away from a dis-functional family are even stronger than ever. I don't think Fred is aware of Maura's fate but I believe Maura's friends and possibly some of her other family members might be privy to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If she knew something that would embarrass Maura, wouldn't that not be an issue at this point years later?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like what she is scared of is Fred and the Maura Murray Missing constituency that refuses to talk about anything but the family cannon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that, "How did you find me?" is a strange question for her to ask. I agree that she was hiding. Maybe not from people altogether, but hiding from being associated with this case anymore. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Fred didn't want them to speak to any interviewers, why do the interview for the magazine? What is so different about speaking to a reporter who is going to do an article in a magazine, and speaking to a reporter who is going to write a book? The information should be the same, either way, so what's the big deal? And how much more trouble could Maura have been in? If my close friend had been missing for 9 years and I had information that could help clear up why or what happened, you can bet I would be telling it.

      Delete
  8. Whats FRIGHTENING about all this is WHAT THE FUCK COULD B SO TERRIBLE THEN AND STILL RELEVANT ELEVEN YEARS LATER!!!????? That boggles the SHIT outta me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe they have never spoken so as not to incriminate themselves. And Fred doesn't know it, he thinks he's powerful and that's why they kept so quiet, so we'll for so long.

    ReplyDelete