Thursday, February 6, 2014

NH Trooper Says Murray Has Lied for Years

From the Trooper's comments about the WMUR vid last night:

I am a retired NH Trooper that was involved in one of the extensive searches for Maura. I don't recall all of the details but I remember the day after a huge search was conducted in the summer of 2004, hearingMr. Murray being interviewed by the news media. Prior to our commencing the search we were briefed, and informed Maura's family had met with the Commanders the previous day and were thoroughly informed ofour planned search. We were told Mr. Murray had offered information hethought useful. The media learned of the search and covered it as it progressed. The day after the search I heard on Boston radio Mr. Murraywas furious he had not been notified a search was being conducted. I was so shocked in hearing his comments on the radio the following morning that I called one of the Commanders at home and reported what I heard, partially out of frustration that approximately 100 Troopers and Conservation Officers had searched aggressively in rugged terrain, for approximately eight hours in ninety degree heat, to try to find out whathappened to his daughter. To remember that day, in such detail, almost ten years later demonstrates it's significance. From that time on I always wondered why a Father would lie about anything concerning the disappearance of his daughter... Read into that as much as you want, but my skin crawled when I watched the segment tonight...

12 comments:

  1. I don't understand how this makes MM or FM a liar for years? Ungrateful and possibly delusional yes but a confirmed liar? Sorry I just don't see what the headline has to do with the story! It never once mentions what he lied about????

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Trooper's statement indicates the Trooper knew for a fact that FM was aware of a search prior to it being conducted, and that FM was invited (and did) participate to the extent of providing search tips to the Troopers. The Trooper was then understandably shocked to hear FM lie to the Boston Media after the search by saying he and the Murray Family were not included in the Troopers' search efforts.

    Anytime a witness lies about anything during an investigation, even seemingly "simple" things for which others can't even fathom the purpose of lying about such, such witness should be subjected to a much heightened scrutiny.

    The truth doesn't change. When a material witness's story is changed or is blatantly deceptive such a red flag must be explored further.

    Why would FM tell Boston Media he wasn't invited to the search when he clearly was? Why would FM intentionally say lies to the Boston Media that could result in (i) potentially alienating the law enforcement working on his daughter's case, and (ii) heightening his own scrutiny under the LE microscope?

    I trust the Trooper's gut hunch and applaud him for speaking out. I hope he is enjoying his retirement and thank him for his efforts on Maura's case!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wandering more about the trooper saying he was shocked over statements made on the radio? I see what your saying about him being invited to the search and them saying he new nothing of it. I've always believed FM to be a shady individual. I don't necessarily think he killed his daughter but I think he new of something possibly criminal goin on with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Without a recording of the show how do we know this one individual did not misunderstand FM's statement? He could have been referring to a different search - there were many. Understandable lots of animosity between the police and FM (admittedly, mostly FM's fault), but I'd take this one trooper's "recollection" with a grain of salt. Lying about something of substance (which I believe FM has done) is a different story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting "furious" over "ANY" search for his missing daughter is insane and possibly even ludicrous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A simple thank you on his part could have sufficed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I don't think anything new or useful would come of it, I'd be interested in hearing any early FM radio appearance anyone could locate.

    Additionally, while I've been--immersed, let's say--in this case for some time, the witnesses listed in the WMUR case were not familiar names to me. Who are they? Answers would be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I meant in the recent WMUR program, not the WMUR case.

      Delete
    2. They are not witnesses, They are lust Local residents

      Delete
  8. Couple of questions if anyone knows the answers:
    Did the tree show the impact of the car?
    I was in a car accident once and was flipped around skidding backwards until the back of the car hit a tree.
    The tree showed damage.
    Was there broken glass or anything like that to indicate the car did indeed have an impact there?

    ReplyDelete
  9. At the beginning of the statement he says "I don't recall all of the details....", and then towards the end states "To remember that day in such detail".........
    Which one is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He doesn't remember the details of the search, but he remembers the day after - heading the media piece, and his own reaction, very clearly.

      Delete