New to this site? Here are some new facts about the Maura Murray case that will get you up to speed with the investigation into her disappearance.
- At the time of her disappearance, Maura was on probation for credit card fraud, having been caught stealing credit card numbers to order pizza in the dorms at UMass.
- There is no significance to the strange phone call Billy Rausch got on his cell phone. Police tracked down and interviewed the person who made that call. It was a Red Cross worker trying to reach him.
- Maura and Billy were not engaged at the time of her disappearance. Billy had cheated on her. And Maura was having an affair with one of her track coaches.
- Fred refused to be interviewed by state-police homicide detectives for 2 years and when he did, he brought 2 lawyers with him.
- Fred lied to the police and media about the events of the weekend leading to Maura's disappearance.
- Fred has told Maura's friends to not talk to the author of the book on her disappearance.
- A search warrant suggests someone called Maura's phone from New Hampshire the day she disappeared.
- On the 8th anniversary of Maura's disappearance, a mentally disturbed man released a series of videos on YouTube taunting authorities and suggesting he has inside info about what happened to the young woman.